Your and your loved ones' health is our priority. The following are some stark facts and warnings that should interest you...
It seems many people are not taking the Corona Virus seriously. It seems many of us may have the false confidence to believe what’s happened in China, Italy, France, Iran, Korea, etc can’t happen here. They are wrong!
The coronavirus is coming to us.
It’s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
March 11th: Covid 19 was declared a global pandemic by WHO
March 13th: Covid 19 declared a National Emergency by President Trump.
Think the situation in Italy is bad now? We, in North America, may be just two weeks from it!
In fact, our situation may already be very close to the situation in Italy. The reason for the presently relatively low number of confirmed cases of Covid 19 may be largely because it hasn’t been sufficiently tested.
CDC has never conducted sufficiently widespread testing for Covid 19, and now has already stopped, however limited, tests all together.
Note this I: Many countries have confirmed Covid 19 cases after citizens traveled to Hawaii, from the patient zero (a senior couple) of Japan to a female oncology doctor of Canada. Yet, the Hawaiian health authority has confirmed merely two cases of Covid 19 so far. Don’t you think Hawaiian number is severely under-tested? Could this be reflective of the situations in other states across America?
Note this II: As of March 14th, UK has 1140 confirmed cases. However, according to Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser and head of the Science and Engineering (GSE) profession of UK, the country's real number of infected case could be up to 10,000, yesterday when the country's reported cases was only 609.
Note this III: the single province of British Columbia has done more Covid 19 tests than the whole of United States. If equal scale of testing had been conducted in the US, the number of confirmed Covid 19 would be significantly higher. Perhaps 10 – 100 folds? Who knows …
The coronavirus is already here. It’s hidden. It may already be in your surrounding. And it will grow exponentially if not actively managed.
UK has decided to let its pandemic run its course freely with no containment measures such cancellation of large crowd gathering, school closures, travel ban. UK government has admitted the strategy could result in 60% of the population catch the coronavirus.
Given the frequent travels between UK and North America, it may be just a matter of time for close to 60% of the North American population to infected by the virus, if no travel ban is implemented.
The USA is essentially lagging behind Italy by a mere 2 weeks, a country in which almost half the population is currently under quarantine. At this point the USA has already 2,223 confirmed cases, mirroring Italy end of February, as of March 14th, the latest numbers coming out of Italy put them at 21,157 cases and 1441 deaths…
When the pandemic does arrive, the healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways, or simply be let to die, as like in present Italy.
I’m A Senior …
Covid 19 is particularly dangerous to seniors. So far, most of the fatalities of the virus have been senior citizens.
Even worse is that when the pandemic is really as bad as Italy, seniors may be among the first to be deprioritized or let go.
“After a few days, we have to choose. […] Not everyone can be intubated. We decide based on age and state of health.” —Christian Salaroli, Italian MD.
So, it is particularly critical for our senior friends to take active measures to protect from this pandemic. Read below about what could be done…
I’m Young and Strong …
You yourself may be thinking, this is just another flu, I’m young and strong, I won’t be severely affected, I won’t die, worst case scenario I’ll have to take a few sick days… Yes, this may be somewhat true… but that’s not the point. ITS NOT ABOUT YOU!
It’s about your elderly or weaker loved ones, friends, colleagues, neighbors, or young children, or those with such people they care, because they are the ones who will pay the price for your inaction.
The Corona Virus is unique in its long asymptomatic incubation period. You could be infected, and spreading the disease for 2 weeks before you show any symptoms or even realize that you are infected.
Latest data show that the Virus has the ability to survive on surfaces (metals, plastics and wood) for up to 9 days and to be air born like microscopic pollens in globules of saliva and travel unknown distances up to 200 yards. Everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious.
Pair all of that with the fact that we have no natural immunity or resistance to this strain, and that we won’t have a vaccine or a cure for at least the rest of 2020, Corona Virus could be a death sentence for the people in our society it is our duty to protect. The vulnerable, the very young, the elderly, and those with underlying conditions.
We, however young and strong we may be, ALL need to protect ourselves to protect the vulnerable people. Do not shirk it out of laziness or denial, or simply out of our confidence that we ourselves may not be severely affected.
What Could We Do About It?
The virus is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April. Here are precautions you could take, and what you should do to prepare:
What Precautions to Take?
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
- Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
- Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
- Wash your hands with soap for 30 seconds (twice the length of “Happy Birthday” song) and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.
- If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
- Wear disposable surgical masks to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!).
- Under no circumstances should you board a plane. If anyone anywhere in the plane sneezes the droplets of saliva will be recycled and spread throughout the plane. You will essentially be trapped inside an aluminum cylinder Petrie dish for several hours.
What to Prepare (or Stock Pile)?
1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
2) Disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.
3) Hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.
4) Zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.
All we can do is hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, but it will most likely not be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.
Stay healthy, stay calm, stay safe. Good luck!
Patrick Lee, Founder Ajuvia Life Sciences
PS: Let us know if you have any questions. We have your back.
PPS: Valuable Resources for Fighting Covid 19:
Please find some useful and relevant articles and resources from various professional organizations and governmental agencies.
“Coronavirus Disease 2019” - From the White House Coronavirus Task Force
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public